Trade Sales and Service
July 06, 2012
In this Issue
This is one newsletter you aren't going to want to miss!
Here is your very first opportunity to see all the new and exciting books we have coming this fall. Start making your wish list!
In this newsletter you will find:
- 10 new books announced
- You will find stitching, stringing, polymer, wire, chain mail, and more!
- A video introducing 2 new books
- Recap of our favorite moments from the Bead&Button Show
- Booklets at 60% off
- Increase your average sales
- 2 author signings
- Our featured store, beadFX
- Our featured authors, Sara Hardin Oehler and Jamie Hogsett
- Is the mall right for you?
New Catalog Supplement
Check out these new books that are coming your way!
2012 Bead&Button Show Memories
The 2012 Bead&Button Show was very successful!
We had a lot of traffic in our booth, we gave people the opportunity to meet and learn from our best authors, and we had a lot of fun seeing all the new products offered around the show. Thank you to all that attended the show this year!
Here are some pictures from the show:
A car was bedazzled with beautiful crystals!
Martine Callaghan came all the way from Scotland to see the show and talk about her book, The Absolute Beginners Guide Making Wire Jewelry.
Sara and Jamie from Show Your Colors teach their techniques to those attending.
Don't miss this great deal!
We are eliminating a bunch of our booklets at the end of this month. So don't miss this opportunity to get these booklets before they are gone!
Each booklet is 60% OFF ... so make sure you contact your sales rep today to hear about all the booklets we have available.
But hurry! Quantities are limited and they will be gone soon!
Increase Your Average Sales!
So don't delay - join today! Plus, if you join today you'll receive a free gift!
Meet our authors
If you are, you have the opportunity to meet 2 of our very successful authors!
Our authors will be signing their books in R&M's booth - booth #2037.
Irina Miech, author of Classic Style, Fresh Look and Irina's Inspirations for Jewelry will be in the booth on Tuesday, July 17th from 1-2 pm.
Heather Powers, author of Jewelry Designs from Nature will be in the booth on Wednesday, July 18th from 3-4 pm.
For this month's excellence award, we found a retail store that has a great, useful blog.
beadFX from Toronto, ON blogs every day. I want to point out 3 ways that they have impressed me with their blog:
- First of all, the fact that they blog daily is amazing. Besides eating, I have a hard time finding something that I can keep up with every day. This is such a smart idea because it gives people something to look forward to each and every day.
- beadFX also gives their blog a personality. They use catchy headlines, they talk about what they like to see and use. A strong personality makes everyone reading it feel like they know who you are and they are a part of your store.
- They are always using pictures or videos. They show pieces from classes, they feature artists, they get people excited about new products. I would say that a lot of creative people are very visual, and these pictures they include are essential!
Congratulations beadFX on doing a great job blogging! We hope that your story inspires others to get more involved in website resources available.
*Next month we want to present the Excellence Award to a store that has a successful facebook page. If you believe that your store has an active facebook page, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to enter your store for the Excellence Award. If you win, your store will be featured in our next newsletter!
Get to know our authors
Sara Hardin Oehler and Jamie Hogsett are the authors of Show Your Colors. Sara Oehler is a well-known jewelry designer who has displayed her jewelry in hundreds of bead shows and is "Ask Sara" for the Soft Flex Company. Jamie Hogsett is a sought-after freelance jewelry designer and a former editor at Stringing magazine and Beadwork.
In this video, Sara and Jamie explain how they showcase colored flexible beading wire as a key design element in this book.
BUSINESS NEWS You Can Use
Is the mall right for you?
Hobby store owners considering opening a temporary space for the holidays should heed warnings from dealers of pitfalls to avoid.
Click here to read more
Brought to you by: Model Retailer Magazine
Meet the Staff!
Your representative appreciates your business and looks forward to hearing from you. Please feel free to e-mail her directly. You'll be surprised at how fast she will respond!